Monday 9 February 2009

Would your credit report show everything that you owe?

I paid a credit card off in 2001 (Conseco) and now i%26#039;m getting letters saying that I owe. I had a Conseco mastercard, Conseco filed for bankruptsy, shortly after I paid them off. If I owe them money, how come it%26#039;s not on my credit report? I don%26#039;t have any proof that I paid the debt off. I think alot of files were lost, when they filed for bankruptsy.|||It%26#039;s probably off your credit report as it%26#039;s beyond the seven year allowable time period allowed under the Fair Credit Reporting Act for defaulted/charge-off debt....





It%26#039;s sounds like a bottom feeder collection agency bought the old debt....If it%26#039;s beyond the statue of limitations for your state there%26#039;s nothing they can do to you except try to annoy you into paying them. Just send them a Cease Communications letter.|||This is likely a junk debt buyer. Chances are this debt is past your states statue of limitations, meaning you do not have a legal obligation to repay that debt. Either way, the 7 year reporting is or will be up this year, so they can%26#039;t list it to your credit report.





Send this company a demand to validate letter, include that they prove this debt is not past your states statue of limitations.





Chances are you%26#039;ll never hear from them again.





http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/...

No comments:

Post a Comment