Monday 9 February 2009

What good is getting the "free credit report" if they don't give you your FICO score?

I got the %26quot;free credit report%26quot; from Equifax but what they gave me doesn%26#039;t tell me my score - for that I have to pay a fee. And let%26#039;s face it, that 3-digit number is the only thing you really want to know! That%26#039;s hardly %26quot;free,%26quot; wouldn%26#039;t you say?|||I thought Equifax was the one bureau that gave you the free FICO score with your credit report within the trial period before paying for any upgrades. Ofcourse if you have left it longer then you would have to pay the fee. If you are keen to really know you FICO score it is well worth thr trouble of getting it. By improving your FICO score over all can mean huge savings on your monthly interest payments, ranging from car loans to mortgages. Think of the thousands you could be saving yearly by having a higher FICO score.|||Credit report and FICO score are two totally different things. Credit report only shows you who and what going on with your credit. The 3 big credit bureau (equifax, experian,and transunion) views the history of your report to come out with your FICO score.|||The credit score is not %26quot;the only thing you really want to know.%26quot; You need to check all the information to make sure its correct. That information determines the credit score.|||Try this service to check your score - http://creditreport.fateback.com


I use it to monitor my credit score during last 3 years. And also cleaned off some bad items from my credit report.

No comments:

Post a Comment