Monday 9 February 2009

Understanding my credit accounts on my credit report?

I recently received my credit report, and saw that my bank of america credit card, still reports a balance of $120.90, though i paid this online via bank of americas website, and have even called to confirm they%26#039;ve received it. What my question is, if the update doesn%26#039;t occur till after the due date has passed. The due date for payment is 10/1/06, and was paid on 9/18/06.





So does this mean once 10/2/06 rolls around, it will update on my report to saying.. current balance : $0, or otherwise the balance i have now from future purchases.





.. Can you tell I%26#039;m young? lol I%26#039;m 18, but have already established a good credit report with a score of 734.|||Most creditors report a month behind. They report from the balance you have as of your next billing period.|||Your credit report is not updated on a daily basis. As long as you know as well as your credit card company aknowledges the payment was made then your credit report is fine. Your credit card company may only report the the credit reporting agencies once a month, or even less than that. The payment was made. Your credit report will reflect that. Unless you know that you have been late with payments, and you see an error that is more than a month old, I would not worry to much. What it means, is when Bank of America reports to the credit reporting agency again, your report will be updated again.|||If it is on your credit report, good or bad, it stays for 7 years, unless resolved and cleared as a mistake, by you contacting the appropriate credit bureau(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment