Monday 9 February 2009

How can I dispute rental history on my credit report that's not mine?

In 2004 a copy of my Driver%26#039;s License, Social Security card and Birth certificate were stolen from the outgoing mailbox at my apartment complex and so I put a fraud alert on my credit reports.





3 years later (now), I recieved a copy of my credit report and it has an apartment listed in my name that I%26#039;ve never rented before. I contacted the collection agency to dispute this. I told them that I%26#039;ve been at my current address for over 4 years and have rental documents to prove it. He said that being able to prove where I%26#039;ve lived over the past 4 years doesn%26#039;t mean anything because people have many different addresses.





I%26#039;ve disputed this with all 3 credit bureaus as well. My question is how can I prove that I did not lease this apartment. The rental contract that was mailed to me has ALL of my information regarding my employement, emergency contact info and current address on it. The signature even looks exactly like mine but I know it%26#039;s not.|||Show them your driver%26#039;s license and your social security card to the credit bureaus, typically it%26#039;s a mixed file so they will remove it if you can prove it%26#039;s not yours. Also, do you have a police report to reflect the stolen items, that will help a LOT.|||If its worth fighting see if you can get an attorney,|||stop talking to them, write them a letter and tell them


that you have a right to ask them not to call you, to validate


the debt, and if they can%26#039;t validate and pursue collections


(a copy of your lease is what they need for proof) without


validating it, you will sue them back





www.creditinfocenter.com|||SHOW WHERE YOU WERE LIVING AT THAT TIME INCLUDE CANCELLED RENT CHECKS AND GAS AND ELECTRIC SERVICE

No comments:

Post a Comment