Monday 9 February 2009

Am I responsible for a partially unpaid ambulance claim? And can it go on my credit report?

To start an ambulance was called for my husband by a stranger and he really didn%26#039;t need one. The bill was $950 our insurance paid $500 of it. I did try and work out a payment plan but I can%26#039;t afford what they want each month and they won%26#039;t accept anything less.


1st - Are we responsible for the rest?


2nd - If I pay what I can afford can it still go on his credit report?|||if he didnt really need one, he could have refused to get on.. they cannot take you with out your permission unless you are not in the right mind..


if he got on the ambulance, yes you are responsible for the rest...


if they have turned it over to a collection agency, it will go on your credit report...|||There%26#039;s obviously more to the story than you are providing.|||Apparently the service was accepted, so I believe you can be billed and responsible. They did get about half from the insurance so why they won%26#039;t work out a payment plan, I do not know. Yes, uncollected debts can go on credit reports.





Do you have a local consumer affairs department? reporter? ombudsman? Someone there might be able to get them to cooperate with you or even write the sum down.





Further proof that even the insured are NOT protected from high medical bills--clearly this was not an 80/20 pay but basically 50/50. I hope this sinks in for folks (you didn%26#039;t do anything, but I read so much misinformation re: health care that it%26#039;s sickening).

No comments:

Post a Comment